Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Angel Hair for Kids

Today, I made a major change to help kids with Cancer. I cut 10 inches off my hair! I'll admit I was a bit nervous as I can't remember the last time I cut it this short. Maybe 10 years ago?

Through a friend, I found out about the Angel Hair for Kids program. This program takes hair donations and uses it to make wigs for children who have lost their hair to cancer or other serious diseases. The wigs are then given for FREE to children from low-income families.

If anyone is interested in doing the same program, you can check out this Foundation at the following website: A Child's Voice Foundation. The rules for donation are also listed on the website as well.

There are also several other wonderful programs for donating hair to cancer, so for anyone interested in doing this, it's good to do some research first to pick the foundation that works the best for you.

As promised, here are the before and after pictures! You'll see that my hair was super long before...

Before:




After:



My donation on its way to A Child's Voice Foundation



- Posted by Shyra

5 comments:

  1. I agree! I didn't think I would like it because your long hair was so beautiful and suited you. I was envious :-) because I can't grow my hair long and it's so sparse. But what a wonderful cause and good for you! It looks lovely! But of course you're are lovely inside as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW FreeGoddess is me - Kimberly aka Joyelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just went to the site because I cut my daughter's hair just today to donate. Anyhow, it says they require a minimum of 12" - so if you only cut 10" does that mean you can't use it or did you send it somewhere else? (wondering cuz my daughter's ponytail only measures 11.5 : (

    ReplyDelete